Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Nascar With the 2023 season looming, Sky F1's Craig Slater and Ted Kravitz look at each of the 10 teams' new cars

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
"I think he'll start this year flat out. He's going to be on it from the word go.

"I look forward to seeing that - it's going to put a lot of pressure on George Russell, but I think it's a good pairing and I look forward to that fight."

Hamilton has repeatedly expressed a desire to extend his current contract with Mercedes, which is up at the end of the 2023 season, but Button has warned an uncompetitive car could alter the 38-year-old's thinking.

"It's something we all go through at some point in our career and it's a reason a lot of people retire - because they're not in a winning car anymore," said 2009 world champion Button, who retired from F1 in 2016.

"That's why I left. You can deal with the pressure you put yourself under and the calendar if you're in a winning car. When you're not, it's like, 'you know what, I've had enough, I want to get out'."

Hill: Hamilton motivated by eighth world title

Fellow British former world champion and Sky Sports F1 pundit Damon Hill believes Hamilton is fired up by the desire to seal his record-breaking eighth drivers' crown.

"He's thinking about retiring already. At 38, he's already talked about being one of the oldest guys," Hill told Sky Sports.

"You're looking towards the end of your career - everybody knows that as a racing driver you can't go on forever, but he's so fit and committed and has kept himself in good shape.