Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis When Federer was refused entry at Wimbledon...

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-5365dbc6-df73-48f2-b582-ed648b98d9d5.jpeg

Eight-time Wimbledon champion Roger Federer has recalled how he was denied entry at the All England Club after a security guard enforced a "no card, no entry" policy.

The tennis icon told Trevor Noah's The Daily Show how he attempted to visit unannounced for tea with his coach while in London one time, only to be asked for his membership card by a security guard who did not recognise him.

"When you win Wimbledon, you become a member automatically. And honestly, I don't know about membership cards, they are probably at home somewhere and I've just been travelling, so I had no idea.
"I'm like, 'No, I don't have my membership card, but I am a member. I'm just wondering where I can get in'.
"There's (usually) loads of people, and I come in a different way. And this is the first time I'm here while the tournament's not on and I don't know where to get in, so I'm just asking you again where I can get in.
"(I was told) Other side, but you have to be a member.
"So I look at her one last time and I'm in a panic now - and I still can't believe I said this because I still feel bad about this - but I look at her and say, 'I've won this tournament eight times. Please believe me, I am a member. Where do I get in?'"
Federer announced his retirement from tennis in September as a 20-time Grand Slam singles champion.