Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

šŸ€Basketball Westbrook 'ready for the challenge' with Clippers

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-8c66854f-6abb-4838-9e55-fe27f6076d6c.jpeg

Nine-time NBA All-Star Russell Westbrook has said he is "ready for the challenge" with the Los Angeles Clippers, following the former Lakers point guard's signing with their inner-city rivals.

The Lakers traded Westbrook and a first-round pick to the Utah Jazz earlier in February, marking an end to his tumultuous season-and-a-half tenure with the team.

After he and the Jazz then reached a contract buyout agreement, Westbrook signed with the Clippers on Wednesday after clearing waivers.

In his introductory press conference, Westbrook said he was happy to be on a team that wanted him.

"For me, it's just finding my way to be able to help other guys," said the 34-year-old 2017 league MVP, who is preparing to play for his fifth team in five years.

"It's something I truly embrace, and that's what I will do - make sure I can make the game easy for all these guys that are here, find out their spots, what they like, what they don't like.

"That's going to be a process for me, but I'm ready for the challenge and looking forward to it."

Westbrook added: "Whatever is asked of me, whatever they need me to do, I'll do it and do it to the best of my ability."

The Clippers have just 21 regular-season games remaining before the playoffs start, beginning with Friday's home tilt against the Sacramento Kings that is expected to be Westbrook's debut with the team.

The Clippers are currently fourth in the Western Conference with a 33-28 record.

Westbrook averaged 15.9 points and 7.5 assists and 6.2 rebounds for the Lakers, and his rebounding, in particular, is expected to be a boost for the Clippers.

But Westbrook also is averaging a career-low 28.7 minutes per game, and his scoring, field goal attempts (14 per game) and field goal rate (41.7 per cent) are all at the lowest marks since his rookie season in 2008-09.