Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Nascar Ted Kravitz ranks the F1 teams' chances from worst to best after this year's testing

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
"Haas think they might be quicker than McLaren, as do Alfa Romeo. So McLaren really have a target on their back, teams are taking advantage while they're having problems.

"McLaren might have missed some targets, but it doesn't mean they can't hit their targets once they understand their car a little better and bring some upgrades, which will unlock the potential. Lando Norris is saying there is good stuff coming but at the moment I think McLaren are definitely on the back foot and they will go away from here, together with Mercedes, thinking they must do better.

"I think Haas are just ahead of Alfa Romeo. They've got two good drivers in there, it's a solid car, and I think that's a package that seems to be more sorted in its own head than Alfa Romeo. It's a very big change, Alfa Romeo have made.

"Then we have the enigma of Alpine. On their day, they can be solidly fifth but they can slip down easily to sixth or seventh. What they do have are two very closely matched drivers. They've never been separated by more than half a second. As long as that works constructively, I think they'll be solidly fifth at the moment.

"I'm going to be slightly reticent and say that Aston Martin are third and Mercedes are fourth at the moment. I've got Aston Martin ahead and potentially even a little bit closer to Ferrari. That's to do with Fernando Alonso's race run.

"In Saturday's Bahrain GP [long runs] such as it was, it would have been Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez and Fernando Alonso on the podium ahead of the Ferraris and the Mercedes. Aston Martin had Red Bull worried from Day One, Adrian Newey (Red Bull's chief technical officer) mentioned them in the teams he's concerned about, the car is essentially good, it has some nice ideas.