Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Talk us through the fracas at Spurs...

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1677502538290.png

DERMOT SAYS: "There are lots of learning points and things to look back on. What I would say is I feel the outcome is correct.

"When you see it start, it's a foul by Kai Havertz and then Ziyech gets involved afterwards. The referee Stuart Attwell always has the yellow card in his hand.

"I can't tell him how to referee as he's an international referee who is far better than me, but for me he's closed his options a bit.

"Pulling out the yellow card tells the players, 'that's as far as this is going to go'. I can understand why he's done it, as he's trying to separate two players, but the yellow is there for everyone to see.

"He's cautioned two players for having an aggressive attitude - Havertz for the foul and Emerson Royal for having an aggressive attitude.

"He's spoke to the assistant, and he has informed him that he has seen a raised hand. That doesn't give you the best information as it doesn't tell you that much.

"I learnt he has then spoken to the VAR, gone back and sent off Ziyech for violent conduct. The perverse irony is that the VAR has told him it's Ziyech, knowing he's going to send him off.

"He [the VAR] almost immediately after the red is produced can then tell the referee that he doesn't feel it is an act of violent conduct and can recommend for the incident to be viewed on the monitor.

"Stuart then sees what we see and that it was an act of aggression not of violent conduct. It was very messy and it took a long time. But they came to the right decision."