Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Sport Scottie Scheffler can extend his advantage over Jon Rahm at the top of the world rankings this week

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-scottie-scheffler_6186665.jpg

World No 1 Scottie Scheffler is considering a switch of putter in a bid to improve his torrid time on the greens ahead of the US Open in Los Angeles.

Scheffler has enjoyed a stellar season on the PGA Tour, successfully defending his WM Phoenix Open title, claiming a dominant victory at The Players and finishing no worse than 12th in each of his last 16 worldwide starts.

The 26-year-old has lived up to his billing as the best player in the world from tee-to-green this season, currently averaging 2.78 strokes gained per round and topping the statistic in several categories, although has failed to produce such dominance on the greens.

Scheffler, who finished runner-up at the PGA Championship last month, sits 148th in strokes gained putting on the PGA Tour this season and has been experimenting with using a different flat stick during this week's major at Los Angeles Country Club.

"I don't ever take decisions on switching equipment lightly," Scheffler said in his pre-tournament press conference. "I think it's strange that I've been struggling the past few weeks with my putter.