Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Nascar Sainz: Unfortunately this is our situation

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-695ddf3d-3669-4613-8dcb-6cf092125866.jpeg

Carlos Sainz speaking to Sky Sports F1 after finishing fifth at his home race

"I put even harder work in today [than yesterday], it just doesn't show. Unfortunately this is our situation.

"We know race pace and high speed corners is our weakness. Unfortunately, Barcelona has high degradation tarmac, high degradation configuration and a lot of high-speed corners. That's why we were struggling out there. Also, the unpredictability of the car. I did everything I could.

"I did the most optimal driving and stints I could do but unfortunately P5 was the best I could achieve."

On what Ferrari can do about their race pace

"We have identified our weaknesses and know where we are lacking. The feedback is there and intention is there.

"We just need time, to keep trying, keep bringing things to improve the package. Mercedes today proved they have done a good step and it's a good reference. We will try our best, I see the team is united, the team is pushing flat our back at Maranello.

"We possibly just put the upgrade on the worst possible circuit for us, which also doesn't help."