Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Sport Rory McIlroy says the headlines have misinterpreted the influence of LIV in the new structure and says the PGA can now control how PIF money is used.

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1686180153283.png

"LIV has nothing to do with this. It's the PGA Tour, the DP World Tour and the Public Investment Fund who are basically partnering to create a new company.

"I think that's where I was a little frustrated. Because all I've wanted to do and all I've wanted in the past year is to protect the future of the PGA Tour and protect the aspirational nature of what the PGA Tour stands for. And I hope that this does that.

"This this new company sits above everything and Jay [Monahan] is the CEO of that, so technically, anyone that is involved with LIV would answer to Jay.

"And one thing as well is, whether you like it or not the PIF are going to keep spending money in golf... at least the PGA Tour now controls how that money is spent.

"One of the biggest sovereign wealth funds in the world, would you rather have them as a partner or an enemy?

"At the end of the day, money talks and you'd rather have them as a partner."

McIlroy added: "I still hate LIV, like I hate LIV. I hope it goes away and I fully expect that it does.

"I think that's where the distinction here is, this is the PGA Tour, the DP World Tour, under PIF, very different from LIV.

"Going forward, I hope that there may be a team element. You're going to see maybe me, whoever else, play in some sort of team golf, but I don't think it'll look anything like LIV has looked. And I think that's a good thing."