Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Sport Reanne Evans beats Stuart Bingham to make snooker history after famous wins for 14-year-olds Riley Powell and Vladislav Gradinari

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1674820345374.png

Reanne Evans beat former world champion Stuart Bingham 60-8 to become the first woman to win a match in the one-frame Snooker Shoot Out after Riley Powell followed Vladislav Gradinari as the second 14-year-old to reach round two in Leicester.

An early break of 21 by Evans helped set up a healthy lead, which was extended to 35-0 before Bingham, who claimed the 2015 world title, failed to make the most of another opportunity at the table as Evans closed out a memorable victory.

"That's the first time I've actually enjoyed it. I know I won, but that's the first time I felt a little more relaxed," Evans told Eurosport.

"I think I wasn't expecting that much and that did the deal. I'm pleased because I'm low on confidence so any win [I have], I'm happy.

"It's just [about] touch and feel, especially in this format you have to get to the table quick and to be fair the table was really nice, the nicest table I played on all season."

Earlier on Thursday, teenager Riley Powell followed Vladislav Gradinari as the second 14-year-old to make round two with victory over world No 8 Kyren Wilson.

On Wednesday, Moldovan Gradinari, who lives in Leeds, became the youngest player to win a televised match when he defeated three-time women's world champion Ng On Yee.

Powell continued the trend at the Morningside Arena as he dispatched Wilson, a five-time ranking event winner, by a score of 41-31 in the quickfire competition.