Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football 'Pope suspension gives Man Utd advantage'

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
I think the toughest position on a football pitch is a goalkeeper. As much as I'm quite critical of them at times, I respect that position enormously. It's a tough position. The other is to play up front on your own.

Newcastle not having (Nick) Pope for the Carabao Cup final on Sunday is a blow to them. But it's a cup final. Newcastle will be desperate to win, just as Man Utd will be. But it has to be an advantage to United for Newcastle to lose such an important player.

Man Utd play on Thursday night, though, against Barcelona in what is an important, monumental second leg after a brilliant game in the Nou Camp, so that might equalise it a little bit as well, that Man Utd have other thoughts this week.

But it's going to be a really interesting game. I'm going to be there and I can't wait for it because it's a really intriguing story that both these clubs are desperate for a trophy.

Nev: Leeds manager search worrying​

It would be a worry for Leeds. Saturday was such a big game for them. It was for Everton and Sean Dyche too and they did well to get the victory. But from Leeds' point of view, you have to look above the players and the interim manager and say it isn't looking particularly great. When you're sacking a manager you need a seamless transition to settle the changing room down and the fanbase down and keep us off your back in thinking you don't know what you're doing.

Sometimes it can be poor planning, sometimes arrogance, or both, that you can sack your manager and think 'don't worry we'll get one of the ones we want'. Then all of a sudden they all turn you down or aren't available. That can happen. That's usually naivety that causes that, where you get above your station and think you can bring in anyone you want.