Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Pep Guardiola Bemoans Lack of Passion, Fire and Desire and Criticises Fans After 'comfortable' Man City's Comeback Win Over Tottenham

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1674218755145.png

Pep Guardiola launched an astonishing attack on his players - and the fans inside the Etihad Stadium - following Manchester City's comeback win over Tottenham.

The Premier League champions came from two down at half-time to win 4-2 but Guardiola was left frustrated by the missing "passion, fire and desire" from his team - qualities that he believes leaders Arsenal possess.

"I cannot deny how happy we are, but we are far away from the team that we were," he told Sky Sports in his interview with Pat Davison.

"Not in terms of play, we played good enough but there are many things like competitiveness, in terms of what we have to do in many things that we are far away.

"Rico Lewis conceded four fouls, but they weren't yellow cards because it's Rico Lewis and we don't react. We play because 'my manager told me to play this and how to do this', but there's nothing from the stomach or the gut.

"Today, we were lucky but it wouldn't change, sooner or later we are again [going] to drop points. [We are missing] passion, fire and desire and to win from minute one.

"It's the same with our fans, they are silent for 45 minutes. They booed because we were losing, not because we played badly. We played good, we had more chances, expected goals from Tottenham is 0.89 so we were better.

"They booed because we were losing, but maybe it's the same as our team. Maybe we were so comfortable winning four Premier League's in five years and that's why we… you know. After the goal, they react, but that's not the point."