Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Paul Merson says Chelsea are a team of individuals and does not see their bad run of form stopping soon after losing at home to Southampton

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1676983273055.png

He's a fantastic coach and you feel watching Potter he's a measured man. You get the idea he'd like to build a pattern of play with a group of players on a consistent basis and he's got 33 of them staring at him down the barrel saying 'play me'.

These aren't junior players, they're senior internationals and I can't imagine what it must be like to have 33 players. I was a manager for a very short period and we had a squad of 22, 23 at Valencia and you're looking at 11, 12 players every week thinking 'I'm not going to play you'. He's got 22 players who are not going to play. If they're all fit - how do you even get them all into a training session?

For a good training session you'd have 16-20 players. If you've got 22 players, five of them are training with the reserves or on their own. That isn't right. They needed to unload players off Graham Potter to take the pressure of handling all those players who are expecting to play every single week.

I've used the word chaotic and I think it has been chaotic in the first six months of the Boehly ownership. I won't change my mind on that. They've invested heavily, they're putting their money where their mouth is and are saying all the right things, but at this moment in time it won't be a successful project when you have 33 players all looking at the manager and a manager who wants to build a measured project.

It feels a little bit conflicted with what Potter would ordinarily be really strong at and what the ownership seems to want in respect of filling a squad and accumulating players of that sort of volume.