Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis One Sided But The Best

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1675255455896.png

Stefanos Tsitsipas said that he was surprised that Daniil Medvedev, who allegedly had a "one-sided" game, won the US Open, but that his Russian opponent is currently the most fit tennis player.

World number three Stefanos Tsitsipas spoke about the US Open and Daniil Medvedev in an interview with Greek media organ Ant1.
Medvedev, who defeated Novak Djokovic in the US Open final as the second seed, and lost only one set in the tournament, won his first Grand Slam title in New York.

Stefanos Tsitsipas, who couldn't find a rhythm after the semi-finals of the Australian Open and the successful clay court season, and said goodbye to the US Open in the first week, was criticized for the long toilet breaks he used especially in the Andy Murray match.

"Medvedev is a very stable and very difficult follow-up. I wouldn't call Medvedev's play boring, but I would say it's a one-sided game."

The young Greek announced that he was surprised by his opponent's first Slam victory in his third final.

"It amazes me that he can achieve what he has accomplished with the style of tennis he plays."
"Medvedev is the best player at the moment, he proved it with his results. I'm one of the best too, but I have to prove it on the court."
"[The players who won at Grand Slams against me] aren't better than me, but they played better in those games."
Stefanos Tsitsipas also used some sentences about the father-coach relationship, which includes various views in the tennis world. Tsitsipas said he will continue to work with his father and coach, Apostolos Tsitsipas.
"One hundred percent sure. There is no better coach than my father."