Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Nadal withdraws from Indian Wells and Miami

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
FqEX4qiacAADBt0

Rafa Nadal has announced he has withdrawn from two upcoming Masters 1000 hardcourt events in Indian Wells and Miami due to injury.

The 22-times Grand Slam champion, who has not competed since his Australian Open title defence ended in a second-round loss during which he aggravated a hip problem, said he had started rehab and physiotherapy as instructed by doctors.

"I am sad that I won't be able to compete at Indian Wells nor Miami. Very sad not to be there," read a message posted on Nadal's Twitter account.

"I'll miss all my US fans but I hope to see them later this year during the summer swing."

Nadal lost in straight sets to Taylor Fritz in last year's Indian Wells final and then skipped the Miami Open so that he could focus on his clay court preparation.

The 36-year-old Spaniard is a three-times champion at Indian Wells having triumphed in 2007, 2009 and 2013. Nadal has reached the Miami final five times but has never won the title and has not competed there since 2017.

"We wish Rafa continued healing, and hope to see him back at the BNP Paribas Open next year," Indian Wells tournament director Tommy Haas said in a statement.