Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Nadal undergoes surgery in Barcelona

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-6bc6e82d-59fc-4a6f-82a7-899a30a80a06.jpg

Rafael Nadal has undergone surgery in Barcelona on Friday on his left psoas muscle.

Nadal's spokesman, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, said three doctors were involved in the procedure.

The results are due to come on Saturday - his 37th birthday.

The Spaniard sustained the injury during his Australian Open defeat to Mackenzie McDonald in January.
Nadal, won his 14th title at Roland Garros last summer, admitted he does not know when he will be able to return to the match court, saying: "I can’t give deadlines because if I knew I
would tell you but I don’t know. This is how things are now.

"I have no choice but to try to have the right attitude throughout this time, try to give myself the opportunity to compete in one of the tournaments that remains of the clay season and I have no choice but to work and be with the right mentality."

In March, Nadal fell out of the top 10 in the world rankings for the first time since 2005 and is currently 15th.