Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Monica Puig Shocked The Tennis World By Winning Olympic Gold in Rio

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-monica-puig-tennis_6046627.jpg

"I saw her many times courtside during the US Open when she did win that title and she is a very talented player," said Puig, who announced her retirement from tennis, citing injuries last summer.

"Physically, she's still very young. I'm not going to say she's already a very established player with a lot of experience. She won that US Open title having not played many WTA events and she hasn't had a full calendar.

"She still needs time to develop and time to find out who she is as a tennis player, who she is as a person and I can sympathise with her because when I won the Olympics it came out of nowhere.

"I didn't have as much media attention as she does and I can only imagine coming from the UK where something like that is so big. It just exploded."