Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Men’s Australian Open Pick And Prediction ( How To Bet Nadal and Djokovic )

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1673722175858.png

While most of the United States is focused on the start of the NFL Playoffs, down under there’s a tennis major championship set to be played and some money to be made for those who like betting on the sport.

The men’s draw is headlined by Novak Djokovic, who returns to his most-successful major after being denied entry into last year’s tournament because he’s not vaccinated for COVID. But like most of the world, Australia has eased its COVID restrictions, thus allowing Djokovic to return to the major he’s won nine times, including the last three he entered.

Djokovic is a resounding favorite to win his 22nd major and tie Nadal for the most in men’s tennis history. But does that mean you should bet on him?

Here are my bets for the tournament.

Men’s Australian Open Prediction and Picks

Novak Djokovic to Win (-125)

To answer my own question, yes, yes you should bet on Djokovic to win.

Beyond his dominant history here, Djokovic has defeated his top competition in the leadup to this tournament too. He just won the Adelaide International with a straight-set win over Daniil Medvedev (second in odds to win the Australian) in the semis and a three-set win over Taylor Fritz (fourth in odds) in the finals last week.

He also won the ATP World Tour Finals in November, during which he beat Stefanos Tsitsipas (third in odds to win Aussie).

Nadal is the No. 1 seed, but there’s no doubt who the favorite is and why it’s so. Djokovic hasn’t lost here in years and I don’t see it happening with so much on the line.

Rafal Nadal to Make Quarterfinals (+160)

The last time we saw Nadal on tour was at the ATP World Tour Finals, where he was eliminated before the knockout stage, losing two of three matches. At the U.S. Open, he was upset by Frances Tiafoe in the round of 16 and at Wimbledon he had to retire with an injury before his semifinal match against Nick Kyrgios.

That’s all to say, he’s been injured and has not played great when on the court.

Still, Nadal to make the quarters as the No. 1 seed at a major at plus money? Sign me up.

Nadal faces a tough task in the opening round against Jack Draper and could face Tiafoe before the quarters as well. But even though he’s not in top form, we’ve seen Nadal rise from the ashes before and I’m willing to bet he makes a run at the Australian Open, his second-most successful major behind the French.

Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.