Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

šŸ€Basketball LeBron James' rise to fame - exclusive interview with former coach Keith Dambrot and lifelong friend Dru Joyce III

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1675955556185.png

LeBron James is now just 36 points away from making history, so we sat down with his high school head coach Keith Dambrot and lifelong friend Dru Joyce III to chat all things basketball, NBA records and much more

Just 36 points are standing in the way of LeBron James and the NBA's all-time points record, so we sat down with his high school head coach Keith Dambrot and lifelong friend Dru Joyce III, to chat all things basketball, including the 38-year-old's steady rise to fame on the court.

Coach Dambrot starts things off by mentioning LeBron James as a household name at a local Jewish basketball camp - a camp introduced to him by childhood friend Dru Joyce III, aka Lil Dru.

"The guy picked up on things immediately. Three games into his freshman year I thought he had a chance at being a pro and I think by his sophomore year we all knew he wasn't going to college," said Dambrot.

When James followed Joyce and the rest of the 'Fab Five' to St Vincent-St Mary High School, Dambrot was entering his second season coaching the school.

Two seasons later, a school with relatively little basketball pedigree sat as back-to-back state champions with Dambrot set to join a Division One college programme.

"He resurrected my career," said Dambrot. "He made me a college coach again. Typical of him, everything he touches turns to gold."

"He knew how good he was, and he knew the attention would come with it." said Joyce