Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Katie Boulter is the new British No 1

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1686587606370.png

Katie Boulter has become the new British No 1 women's tennis player after her semi-final run at the Surbiton Trophy last week.

Boulter is now ranked No 126 in the world, two places ahead of Emma Raducanu as the 2021 US Open champion is set to be out for at least another month, meaning she will miss Wimbledon, due to hand and ankle surgery.

Raducanu last played in April at the Stuttgart Open, but has struggled with injuries and fitness since winning at Flushing Meadows two years ago.

She reached world No 10, only to drop outside of the top 100 earlier this year and split with her fifth coach in under two years, Sebastian Sachs, earlier this month.

Meanwhile, Boulter reached the third round of Wimbledon last year and has had success on the ITF Circuit this season.

Katie Swan had the chance to become British No 1 if she won the Surbiton Trophy, but lost 2-6 6-4 7-6 to Yanina Wickmayer.

"Naturally, I am very proud to join the women before me who have reached that historic spot," said Boulter. "However, my main goal remains on improving my ranking and continuing to work hard.