Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Jurgen Klopp unhappy with Anfield atmosphere during Carabao Cup win over West Ham

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1703161412049.png

After Gary Neville described Anfield atmosphere as worst he'd ever experienced for a Liverpool vs Manchester United match, Klopp calls for more support from fans ahead of Premier League game with Arsenal: "If you are not in the right shape, give your ticket to somebody else"

Jurgen Klopp has criticised Liverpool supporters, saying he was "not overly happy" with the atmosphere created at Anfield during his side's 5-1 Carabao Cup quarter-final win over West Ham.

Just three days on from Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville saying "the atmosphere was the worst I've seen at Anfield ever for a Liverpool-Manchester United game," Klopp delivered his own criticism of Liverpool's home supporters.

The Reds boss also made a point of issuing a rallying cry for the fans to generate a much bigger noise for the pivotal visit of Premier League leaders Arsenal on Saturday,

The comments from Klopp and Neville come despite an increased capacity at the famous ground due to the expansion of the Anfield Road Stand.

On Sunday, the rivalry match between Liverpool and United - which ended up 0-0, a disappointing result for the hosts - saw 57,158 fans attend, the highest attendance at Anfield since 1963.

There were even more people there on Wednesday, with 57,332 on-site to watch Liverpool reach the last four of the cup competition.

"I have to say - it's long ago that I said this - but I thought the first half a little bit, when the boys played really exceptional, I was not overly happy, I have to say, with the atmosphere behind me," said Klopp.

"I don't know. I don't ask people, what do we want? We changed a lot of things. We dominated West Ham like crazy. We missed chances. And I mean, if I would be in the stand I would be on my toes, 1,000 per cent.