Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Iga Swiatek and Karolina Muchova will battle it out for the women's French Open title on Saturday

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-french-open-iga-swiatek_6182559.jpg

World No 1 Iga Swiatek will be out to establish French Open supremacy by claiming a hat-trick of titles at Roland Garros but unseeded Czech Karolina Muchova stands in her way.

The dominant Pole has only suffered two defeats on the Parisian clay, winning her first title as an unseeded teenager in 2020 then reclaiming it last year.

Swiatek is yet to drop a set this year - although she was pushed hard in the semi-finals by Beatriz Haddad Maia - and will be a big favourite to beat Muchova for what would be her fourth Grand Slam title overall.

However, if Muchova can produce the same all-court wiles she showed against second seed Aryna Sabalenka, she could yet become the latest surprise Grand Slam champion.

Injuries severely restricted Muchova last year, with her ranking dropping outside the top 200.

Muchova, 26, said: "Some doctors told me, 'Maybe you'll not do sport anymore'. But I always kept it positive in my mind and tried to work and do all the exercises to be able to come back.

"I think everything has its own time. In the past, it was not easy. That's actually what makes me appreciate this result even more now, because I know what I have been through in the past.

"To be now in a Grand Slam final, it's for sure my dream. I'm super, super glad that I'm here and that I'm going to play finals on Saturday."