Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Nascar Hamilton: This is way more than I expected

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-7221ace9-b37b-4369-9bd5-c70da3d8eb30.jpeg

Lewis Hamilton speaking to Sky Sports F1 about finishing on the podium

"George did a fantastic job to come from 12th to third. I hope everybody at the factory and back at home feels proud of themselves for the amazing work they are doing.

"The car felt great. We definitely have steps to continue taking to close the gap to the Red Bulls.

"But this is way more than I expected and I thoroughly enjoyed the race."

On whether Mercedes will be quick at other tracks

"As long as I've been racing here [in Barcelona], if you are quick here, you should be good elsewhere.

"But I think the way these cars work is they have a more narrow working window, so there will be tracks where they don't work maybe. I'm hoping that's not the case and they are as strong as they are this weekend.

"I think we have the strongest team, particularly George and I both punching out great results, weekend in, weekend out. Now we just need to pick up the performance a little bit more, which I know everyone is working hard to do. Hopefully at some stage we can catch these Red Bulls."