Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Boxing Former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder says a fight with Anthony Joshua has never been closer, as he builds up to his fight with Joseph Parker

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1703161857601.png

The reinvention he believes will continue. "A coach is like a satnav, they're going to guide you to the destination. A good coach will guide you to that same destination a lot quicker. I think it's really I'm in a gym with passion and motivation to get up and get in the car and get on my journey but I've also got a good team that are helping me navigate my way to get there," he insisted.

"It's been great, honestly. It's been really good to be back home as well during this period. I've spent a long time, some people might say it's not that long but I feel it was a long, good time in America.

"The [Wallin] fight presented itself at a perfect time while I was developing in the UK. So I decided to stay put and it was a really good decision. I've learned a lot and I'm quite happy."

Being happy is not a state that would necessarily be associated Joshua's recent in-ring appearances.

He made a spectacular entrance to his first fight with Oleksandr Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in 2021. But looked increasingly lost as the artful southpaw let shots slice through his defences, taking away rounds and ultimately AJ's three world title belts.

He would never get them back.

With cold fury, Joshua kept Usyk under sustained pressure in their rematch last year, only for the Ukrainian to pull away once more in the closing stages of the fight and retain the unified heavyweight championship in impressive style.