Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Boxing Fedor Emelianenko loses final MMA bout to Ryan Bader after iconic 23-year career

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1675956235668.png

The 46-year-old says he is ending his 23-year MMA career with this bout, and he ceremonially laid down his gloves after the defeat in the familiar combat sports gesture by a retiring fighter; Emelianenko bows out with 40 wins from 48 fights.

Fedor Emelianenko lost his final MMA bout on Saturday after Ryan Bader stopped him halfway through the first round with a relentless finish at Bellator 290

The 46-year-old says he is ending his 23-year MMA career with this bout, and he ceremonially laid down his gloves after the defeat in the familiar combat sports gesture by a retiring fighter.

"On the one side, I'm sad I didn't deliver on the fight as I wanted to," Emelianenko said through a translator. "But on the other side, I'm so happy that all these fans and all these veteran fighters are here cheering for me."

The much-loved Russian MMA pioneer is one of the most compelling competitors in MMA history, and bows out with 40 wins from 48 fights.