Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Federer Won't Participate in Olympic Games

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1675343821792.png

Roger Federer, in his statement on the social networking site Twitter account, stated that his knee injury recurred during the Wimbledon tennis tournament, which he last attended and said goodbye to in the quarterfinals, "Therefore, I will not be able to participate in the Olympic Games in Tokyo. For this, I am very disappointed. Switzerland throughout my career." I was honored to represent him at the Olympics." used the phrases.

Noting that he started the treatment process, the 39-year-old athlete mentioned that he aims to participate in some of the tennis tournaments to be held this summer if he recovers.

Federer, who is in the 9th place in the men's singles world rankings, won the gold medal in the doubles category at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the silver medal in the men's singles at the 2012 London Olympics.

The Swiss tennis player, who had two knee surgeries last year, had to take a break from sports for more than a year due to an injury.

Rafael Nadal, one of Federer's arch-rivals, has also previously announced that he will not participate in the games in Tokyo.