Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

šŸ€Basketball Durant expected to miss up to three weeks with ankle injury

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-13987840-e168-4b5a-8e2b-cc74bd2f861c.jpeg

Kevin Durant is expected to miss two to three weeks because of the ankle injury he picked up in pre-game warm-ups with the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday, sources have told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The team said in a release that Durant has a left ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated in three weeks.

Durant, who had an MRI on Thursday, slipped and injured his ankle ahead of what was supposed to be his first home game with the Suns. following a blockbuster trade from the Brooklyn Nets.

He left the Footprint Center in a walking boot after Phoenix defeated his former team, the Oklahoma City Thunder, 132-101.

"I feel bad for him because he feels bad," Suns coach Monty Williams said after the game.

"I saw his face and - I've been around him so many times - I know what he's feeling, and I don't want him feeling that way at all."

Durant has played in three games with the Suns since being acquired from the Nets, averaging 26.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists.

Durant has shot 69 per cent with Phoenix in those three victories - the highest field goal percentage in a player's first three games with a team in NBA history (minimum of 40 field goals attempted), according to ESPN Stats & Information.