Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Dominic Thiem Absent from Australian Open

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1675255561797.png

Austrian tennis player Dominic Thiem will not participate in the Australian Open due to injury. The 28-year-old was injured at the Mallorca Open in June and has been off the court since then.

Dominic Thiem will not be able to participate in the Australian Open, the first grand slam tennis tournament of the season, due to a right wrist injury.
In a statement on social media, Thiem said, "My team and I have taken all the circumstances into account and decided to change my tournament schedule. I will not be playing at the Australian Open in Melbourne this year, where I played unforgettable matches in front of great crowds and saved many memories. I will start the season with the tournament in Argentina at the end of next month. I will miss the Australian fans but I will be back in 2023." used the phrases.
Former world number 3 Thiem, who won the US Open last year, played in the final at the Australian Open.
Thiem is ranked 15th in the men's singles classification.
The Australian Open Tennis Tournament will be held from 17-30 January 2022.