Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Nascar Do you think Ferrari will have to make an decision early on a number one driver to really challenge Verstappen and if so who do you think it will be?

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-dfce82f2-6aef-4862-ba76-29bbdbb11314.jpeg

I seem to remember in the dim and distant past that Ferrari had some kind of unwritten rule that whichever driver led the world championship going into the European season would be the favoured one for the championship. This was around the Michael Schumacher-Reubens Barrichello sort of era, and funnily enough, it was always Michael Schumacher, because he tended to make a very good start to the season, not that Barrichello didn’t, but that’s just the way it was.

I don’t think that’s the case now because the first European GP is Imola in May, and I think that would be quite early in a 23-race calendar to say either Sainz or Leclerc is the focus, but I think these things tend to naturally decide themselves.

If Sainz, who certainly is having a better start to the season than last year, gets off and Leclerc has some significant issues with the car, which I don’t think he will, then they might think that Sainz is the best bet, but I think it’s more natural that Leclerc will score some more points as he did last year, through better qualifying performances which will lead to higher points result.