Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Boxing Caroline Dubois 'not impressed' by Mikaela Mayer sparring | 'This is my division!'

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1687374376604.png

Caroline Dubois: "I'm thinking: 'OK, I'm getting in there with Mikaela Mayer, I'm still an amateur, 19 years old'. I got out of the ring thinking: 'Wow, that was nothing. I could have been sparring anyone'. I was not impressed or surprised. There was nothing there that stood out to me"

Caroline Dubois was "not impressed or surprised" by Mikaela Mayer after they traded punches in sparring and warned the American that she has entered "my division".

Britain's explosive lightweight talent dropped Yanina del Carmen Lescano in a dominant points win on Friday night and reiterated her desire to face Mayer, a former unified super-bantamweight world champion.

Dubois has already shared the ring with Mayer before she turned professional and gave a scathing account of their past sparring session.

"Sparring is sparring," Dubois said. "She could be at the beginning of her camp, I could be at the end of mine. I got in the ring and I was expecting a lot - she was someone who had turned pro, she had already been on the big stage, already been fighting.

"I'm thinking 'OK, I'm getting in there with Mikaela Mayer, I'm still an amateur, I'm 19 years old'.

"I got out of the ring thinking, 'wow, that was nothing. I could have been sparring anyone'. I was not impressed or surprised. There was nothing there that stood out to me or said that I'm in there with a world champion, so that's my mentality."

Mayer has stepped up a division to challenge for more world titles after losing her belts in a hotly disputed split decision loss to Alycia Baumgardner.