Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

šŸ€Basketball Britain's Robyn Love (C) during the Tokyo Summer Paralympic Games

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-robyn-love-wheelchair-basketball_6168769.jpg

"That exposure, it not only educates people but also gets people into the sport. I wish when I was younger, I would have seen it on television and I could have started younger. I started pretty young, but you want to be able to participate in sport like your able-bodied counterparts."

With Alba settling into day-to-day life, Laurie and Robyn are happier than ever. They're also keen for more sporting success with Robyn turning attention to a sport she played a lot growing up.

Earlier this month, she announced she was retiring from international wheelchair basketball. Passion drives her, she says, admitting tennis was her "first love". Beaming, Robyn says "I just love hitting the ballā€¦ I love the sound.

"I feel like I owe it to myself to follow my dreams because with Alba, I want her to feel like she can do anything, and I think it's really important, as a parent, that if that's what you're preaching, then you've got to do it as well."

Robyn says switching to wheelchair tennis will test her psychologically without team-mates to support her on "that service line". She explains: "the biggest challenge is how I talk to myself and how I support myself."

Laurie is sticking to wheelchair basketball and is hoping to compete in the 2024 Paralympic Games in Paris to "end on a high". After disappointment in Tokyo, being knocked out in the quarter-finals, she is keen to help Great Britain make a mark.

"We were on track to bring home a medal [in Tokyo] and we just didn't get there but I think now, for me, having a child, it gives you a completely different perspective on life entirely, like everything for me has changed."