Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Brentford 3-0 Southampton: Nathan Jones told by own supporters to 'get out of our club' during defeat

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
1675538793662.png

Report and free match highlights as Brentford move into the top seven with a 3-0 win over bottom club Southampton; Ben Mee and Bryan Mbeumo score quickfire goals in three first-half minutes; Saints fans sing: "You don't know what you're doing" at manager Nathan Jones.

Southampton fans told Nathan Jones to "get out of our club" as his side were beaten 3-0 at Brentford, who moved into the top seven and extended their unbeaten run in the Premier League to nine games.

Two goals in three minutes at the end of the first half put Thomas Frank's side in the commanding position they deserved.

Ben Mee headed Bryan Mbeumo's cross high into the net from a short corner (41), before the latter finished a brilliant breakaway past Gavin Bazunu in the next attack (44). Mathias Jensen put gloss on the scoreline by heading in a late third from Rico Henry's cross (79).

Southampton brought on new signings Kamaldeen Sulemana and Paul Onuachu at half-time and did create chances after the break, but the visiting fans were left unimpressed by Jones' tactics with regular angry chanting directed at their own coach.

The songs from the visiting fans included "You're getting sacked in the morning" and "You don't know what you're doing".

Jones said he understood the anger from the Southampton fans and admitted in the post-match press conference: "I can be better.

"The fans saw our performance today and it justified those sayings. That's fine. All I can say is: I understand, I totally understand.