Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Badosa leads Spain to victory over Kazakhstan

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-d61ec9be-b295-427f-9adb-864965fe149e.jpg

Paula Badosa won on her Billie Jean King Cup debut as she battled past Kazakhstan's Elena Rybakina in three sets to secure victory for Spain in the Group C tie on Wednesday.

Badosa, currently ranked 13th in the world, won 6-2 3-6 6-4 over Rybakina, giving Spain a chance to go into the semi-finals if they defeat hosts Great Britain on Thursday.

"It was my first time and I think I enjoyed every minute on court," Badosa said.

In a late Group D match on Wednesday, Coco Gauff and Caty McNally beat Magda Linette and Alicja Rosolska 6-1 6-2 to earn the United States a 2-1 win over Poland, who are without world No 1 Iga Swiatek.

Belinda Bencic led Switzerland to victory over Italy in their opening tie, while Slovakia bounced back from a tough loss to Australia to defeat Belgium and get their campaign back on track.

lcimg-1803dab2-c6d8-4f66-9e20-caadcce0ed13.jpg

The competition, formerly called the Fed Cup, was renamed in honour of the 12-times Grand Slam champion and restructured into a format concluding with 12 nations competing over one week for the title.

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/li...swiatek-and-more?postid=4843796#liveblog-body