Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Auger-Aliassime commits to Team World's quest for repeat Laver Cup victory

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
lcimg-803123bc-f89a-4556-a033-48e1719400b0.jpg

Felix Auger-Aliassime will return to Laver Cup competition when Team World begins its title defence at Rogers Arena in Vancouver from September 22-24.

The top ranked Canadian is the first player to be named in captain John McEnroe's six-man team.

Auger-Aliassime, who returns to Laver Cup for a third time, played a key role in Team World’s maiden victory at The O2 in London last year.

"I'm really looking forward to being part of the Laver Cup again, we had an amazing time in London last year," Auger-Aliassime said.

"We were able to get the win in London, but that was not easy. It will make a real difference to have the crowd behind us and I really hope fans come out in big numbers to witness Laver Cup first hand.

"Vancouver is such a beautiful city, it’s going to be a very special experience for me."

lcimg-343b3923-24f0-4bd1-91cd-f868067ddf04.jpg

Tennis legend Bjorn Borg, who has led Team Europe to four Laver Cup victories - in Prague (2017), Chicago (2018), Geneva (2019), and Boston (2021) - will once again face off against old time rival and close friend McEnroe in Vancouver.

"I've been blessed to have had so many exceptional champions play for Team Europe, over the years," the Grand Slam great said.

"We'll have our work cut out for us this year as John and his team will be on a high following their win in London and will have the home crowd advantage, but we’ll be doing everything we can to win the Laver Cup back."