Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Ash Barty emphatically rules out tennis return

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
FKTHxeCVQAI-3AK

Former world No 1 Ash Barty has emphatically ruled out ever making a comeback to tennis or switching to another sport.

Launching her autobiography at Melbourne Park scene of her Australian Open triumph in January just two months before her shock retirement announcement, the 26-year-old said she had no desire to return to high-level sport and was sure she never would.

"Nope, I'm done," Barty told Australian Associated Press on Monday.

"You can never say never but no. No, no, no. I'm done."

The three-time Grand Slam singles winner, who spent 121 weeks with the top ranking, had played professional cricket with the Brisbane Heat during a hiatus from tennis.

She also plays golf off a handicap of four, prompting some observers to suggest she could pursue a future in that sport.

But, launching her memoir My Dream Time, Barty insisted she was happy with her new, more settled life off the WTA Tour, and had no professional sports plan in mind.