Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Arsenal have signed Alessia Russo on a free transfer after her Manchester United contract expired

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-arsenal-russo_6207325.png

Arsenal have confirmed the free signing of England striker Alessia Russo following her release from Manchester United.

Arsenal had two bids for the 24-year-old rejected in January - including a world-record fee - but have now secured her services on a free transfer following the expiration of her United contract.

Russo hit 10 goals in the WSL last season as Marc Skinner's side finished runners-up to champions Chelsea.

Russo did not sign a new United deal and was instead free to leave Manchester for north London - where she is keen to add domestic medals to the Women's Euro success she enjoyed with the Lionesses last summer after scoring four goals in the tournament.

"I'm really excited to be here and I can't wait to get going," Russo said after joining Arsenal, where she will wear the No 23 shirt.

"I want to win trophies - as does everyone in this club. I can't wait to get stuck in and grow as a player - it's a new challenge and a new environment.

"I think the growth of the women's game has been incredible, but particularly at a club like Arsenal.