Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Nascar Anthony Davidson analyses Lewis Hamilton's performance in the new Mercedes W14 during testing

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
"We need to see a big step from Mercedes over the next few days for them to be solidly third. When Lewis Hamilton came out and said that the porpoising was largely gone but some of the 'balance limitations' of last year's car are still present, I couldn't believe it. I thought, hang on, this is the Mercedes that is supposed to be ok! But they're still suffering from the problems they had last year.

"Ferrari are next. Charles Leclerc will be thinking, 'Red Bull have got a lightweight chassis, I might not have my qualifying advantage, where's my race advantage going to come?' That's where Ferrari suffered at testing, the tyre degradation was not good.

"Ferrari have a lot of work to do in qualifying, and the race. At the moment, both of those have been somewhat dominated by Red Bull.

"I think the only reason Red Bull weren't dominating qualifying in the way Ferrari did early on last year is because the car last year was overweight. That's not an issue they have this year."