Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Andy Murray: Briton will return to action at the Surbiton Trophy along with Dan Evans

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-andy-murray-tennis_6067640.jpg

Former two-time Wimbledon champion Andy Murray and British No 2 Dan Evans set to play Surbiton Trophy next week with reigning champion Evans to headline Rothesay Open in Nottingham I Former five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams will compete at Rothesay Classic in Birmingham

Andy Murray will return to action next week at the Surbiton Trophy having skipped the French Open to focus on his Wimbledon preparations.

As expected, the former world No 1 has taken a wild card into the second-tier Challenger event, which always attracts a strong field.

Murray played at the event last year for the first time since 2004, losing in the semi-finals to Denis Kudla.

Murray said: "The LTA's Lexus Surbiton Trophy is a great way for me to start my grass-court season. It's nice to play somewhere that has the feel of a traditional club and I'm hoping to get some good matches and practice in there during the week in front of the British fans."