Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Tennis Alcaraz is only at the start of his career but has recorded stunning championship wins

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
skysports-carlos-alcaraz-tennis_6220448.jpg

"It is true that Carlitos has a little bit of all of them. He has the mental strength from Rafa, the physical condition from Rafa and Nole, the tennis skills. I see similarities with Roger on the anticipation and on many other things. It's a very strong statement, I have to say, to say that," Lopez said. "I do agree with that."

Alcaraz has rapidly adapted to playing on grass courts, and Lopez acknowledged the influence of coach Juan Carlos Ferrero.

"I want to give a lot of credit as well to Juan Carlos," Lopez said. "Juan Carlos was the No 1 player in the world, he won the French Open. He was an amazing player and since Carlos was a little kid, he's been dedicating his life also to Carlos to help him accomplish everything in his career.

"Juan Carlos was helpful in that process of adapting to the grass," he continued.

"He played only six matches before Queens and then he ended up winning Queens and Wimbledon back-to-back so of course all the credit to Carlos. Because this is one of the skills that he has, the capacity and the ability to adapt very quickly to any surface he's playing but I'm sure Juan Carlos has been very helpful during that process."