Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

Boxing A look back at how one of the sport's most intense rivalries culminated in an unforgettable victory for Liam Smith over Chris Eubank Jr

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

Lupin

Staff member
But Eubank Jr did have a rematch clause in his contract for the Liam Smith fight so always had the option of forcing a repeat showdown with his rival.

"This morning I activated the rematch clause via my lawyers and sent to my promoters," Eubank said on Tuesday.

Kalle Sauerland, Wasserman's head of global boxing, revealed after the initial fight that they had "a few weeks" to make a decision over the possible rematch, with Eubank now confirming the clause has been activated.

"Chris was up a round on my card,"

"He just came off a very good third round. The first round he probably just edged. The second round was Liam, the third round was Chris', a very clear round and then he caught one. It happens. That's boxing.