Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

šŸ€Basketball Zach LaVine and Billy Donovan praise Lauri Markkanen for his growth

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

James

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It isnā€™t news that Lauri Markkanen has been unstoppable for the Utah Jazz since joining the team during EuroBasket 2022.

On the NBA Night, he had another great game against his former team, the Chicago Bulls. The Illinois franchise won 126-118, but the Finnish big had 28 points and some impressive dunks.

After the game, Bullsā€˜ shooting guard and former Markkanen teammate Zach LaVine had nothing but good words for Lauri. ā€œI talked to him before the game. He was gonna try to make a statement. Those dunks, I had to tell him in the first half to calm down a little bit. That didnā€™t help anythingā€, he said.

ā€œIā€™m just extremely happy for Lauri. The type of player that he is and heā€™s become, how aggressive he is out there. Heā€™s 100 percent an All-Star in my book, heā€™s getting my voteā€, Zach LaVine added.

Chicago Bulls head coach Billy Donovan also praised Lauri Markkanen after the win. ā€œI was always a big fan of Lauri, just my short period of time being with him. I thought he had a tremendous skill set and great size and was a smart player. Had a lot of different things that he could doā€œ, he said.

ā€œGuys just get better through their experiences. Heā€™s gotten stronger, probably more confident, and more comfortable, and heā€™s obviously played very well. I appreciated my time with him. I liked him a lot as a team guy. I liked being around him quite a bit. But he was kind of, again, on his own path of growthā€, Billy Donovan added about Utahā€™s number 23.

Lauri Markkanen himself talked about his experience with the Bulls. ā€œIt wasnā€™t the time for me. I know Iā€™ve become a better player and more mature as a person, so I think it just takes time to evolve. Itā€™s a process of everyday working and I feel like Iā€™m in the right place at the right time. I have good memories from Chicago, itā€™s always fun to come back. They have a great crowdā€, he said.