Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Shinnie: I always knew I'd come back to Dons

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

James

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Shinnie: I always knew I'd come back to Dons​

Graeme Shinnie revealed he always thought he would re-sign for Aberdeen as he prepared to return to action at Pittodrie.
Shinnie spent four years at his home city club before leaving for Derby in 2019 and the midfielder, on loan from Wigan, believes he comes back a better player.
“This was the move that I wanted,” the 31-year-old said. “There were other options on the table, but this was the one that felt right for me. I felt that it was the right time for me to come back and the excitement is there to try and help the team.
“I wasn’t featuring for Wigan which was frustrating, so it was a case of, if it wasn’t wanted there then I needed to go and play somewhere else.
“I had kept in touch with the chairman over the years and contact was made and things were sorted pretty quick – and before I knew it I was back up the road. I always felt that I would come back and I’ve always kept an eye on it.
“When I left at that point it was a very, very hard decision. I loved my time here, both with my football and where I was at with the club. I had loads of good friends and people around the club, so it was a very difficult decision for me.
“But I wanted to test myself in England and I managed to go and do that. But as I say, I always had it in the back of my mind that I had a vision about coming back and here we are now.”