Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Lampard: I'm not a miracle worker

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

James

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Lampard: I'm not a miracle worker​

Everton manager Frank Lampard remains confident he can turn around Everton's slide towards relegation but admits he is not a miracle worker.
In the days leading up to the 2-1 defeat to bottom side Southampton, owner Farhad Moshiri had expressed his faith in Lampard, director of football Kevin Thelwell - both approaching their first anniversaries at Goodison - and the club's board.
But with just one win in the last 13 matches and no new, much-needed, signings as the transfer window enters its third week the Toffees - who are only off the bottom of the table on goal difference - are facing an uphill battle to arrest their slide.

"We're in a tough moment so everything can look tough and feel tough but in terms of my abilities, I always remain confident about that," said a beleaguered Lampard, whose overseeing of a fourth successive home defeat is the worst run since 1951 when the club was last relegated.

"I know I'm not a miracle worker and I know I'm not the best coach in the world - to proclaim that would be stupid because so many people have got successes behind them - but I know I'll work as hard as I can to be as good as I can be and that's it.

"I have to work with the team that I've got and find a way to make us as good as can be.

"The message to the fans is that I want to create a team that can fight, show passion, I show that myself to be fair."