Information: If you have problems with your login or password, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] describing the problem.

⚽️Football Carra: Chelsea's spending and regression is baffling

Warning: Only English posts are made in this forum. Please write only in English, writing in languages other than English is prohibited!

James

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Carra: Chelsea's spending and regression is baffling​

Sky Sports' Jamie Carragher on Sky Sports Premier League:
“Players aged 23 or 24 are not that young. Look at the top end [of the age group of Chelsea signings in the Todd Boehly era], there’s Raheem Sterling – who is a good signing but he hasn’t set the world alight, there’s Kalidou Koulibaly who is not a great signing and I don’t think Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is a good signing.
“You’re talking about a club that has spent £300m on top of the team last season and we’re talking about them not bringing in winners or the right players.
“I totally disagree with the idea that Graham Potter is inheriting the problems that were there before.
“I thought Chelsea were in a great position. With Thomas Tuchel, they won the Champions League but they also got to every possible cup final he could possibly get to. They finished third behind the two best teams in the world – that’s fair to call Liverpool and Manchester City that.
“To go from where they were – and I remember them playing Liverpool in the two cup finals and they were very good – and to spend £300m and be further away [from Liverpool and City] is just baffling.”